Our next event will be held at Velo Cult Bike Shop at 7pm on Tuesday, April 15, 2014. The theme of the night is "How Did I Get Here?: Wrong Turns & Surprises".
Here are the guidelines for telling a story with PDX Storytellers:
1. Stories must be entirely true.
2. The storyteller must have personally experienced the story.
3. Stories must be on theme (how it relates to the theme is open to interpretation).
4. Stories should be at least 5 minutes, but no more than 15 minutes (please TIME your stories!).
5. Storytellers are welcome to use notes or an outline, but are encouraged to carefully prepare and rehearse beforehand (Coaching is available at request).
6. Content and language should be appropriate for an all ages venue (venues change from one event to the next). Adult themes and traumatic experiences are not discouraged, but should be related in an appropriate manner. Please, refrain from unnecessarily crude or derogatory remarks. If you have questions concerning what's appropriate, please inquire beforehand.
In the future, I would like to see this group evolve beyond the standard storytelling evenings to perhaps include competitions, classes, workshops, fiction nights, and more. If you love telling and hearing great stories, I hope you'll get involved in this group and share your ideas!
Get more info and keep up with events from PDX Storytellers on our Facebook group.
In the future, I would like to see this group evolve beyond the standard storytelling evenings to perhaps include competitions, classes, workshops, fiction nights, and more. If you love telling and hearing great stories, I hope you'll get involved in this group and share your ideas!
Get more info and keep up with events from PDX Storytellers on our Facebook group.
No comments:
Post a Comment