BUY MY ALBUM on CDBABY

November 3, 2016

Two-Minute Pep Talk

Two-Minute Pep Talk
by Ryan Shane Lopez


The journey is more important than the destination.

Most would agree with the sentiment, but few truly believe.

Here’s a test:

If you knew she’d never say yes,
would you still buy her flowers?

If you knew you’d never win a game,
would you still train like a champion?

If you knew you’d never loose weight,
would you still diet and exercise?

If you knew you’d never graduate,
would you still go to class?


Did you answer YES to all four?
Congratulations! You’re a true believer in The Journey.

YES to three? You’re a suck-up.

Two? You’re an overachiever.

One? You’re an optimist.

Zero? You’re human.

Here’s the point: If you knew you were absolutely destined to fail, would you still pursue your one greatest desire? Most of us wouldn’t.

Fifteen years ago, if you would’ve guaranteed me, without a doubt, that I would fail as a professional songwriter, I would have given up music right then and there. But I also never would have earned a music degree or led worship for a dozen churches or performed a piano concerto with a live orchestra or jammed in a jazz band before a crowd of hundreds or sang original songs in French cafes or written ballads to woo my wife or recorded my own full-length album.

At 30 years old, I’m not a touring musician. I’m an English teacher. But had I quit music early on, I would have neglected years of creative growth, missed out on some incredible experiences, and forfeited the chance to learn confidence, self-expression, and perhaps most importantly, how to cope with failure.

So be bold, risk BIG, and never fear failure.


Enjoy the journey!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment