BUY MY ALBUM on CDBABY

September 18, 2014

Be Still and Know

My lungs fill with air and empty again.
Be still and know that I am God.
It was you who first breathed life into the nostrils of man.
                Be still and know that I am God.
My heart beats in time, moving life force through my veins.
                Be still and know that I am God.
It was you who shed your blood as atonement for sin.
                Be still and know that I am God.
I feel the moisture in the air and smell the particles it carries.
                Be still and know that I am God.
I see the light and hear the sound waves.
                Be still and know that I am God.
It was you gave us the senses to experience the world without.
                Be still and know that I am God.
And you who gave us minds to explore the world within.
                Be still and know that I am God.
We are formed in your image.
                Be still and know that I am God.

You gave us tongues to speak your praise.
                Be still and know that I am God.
And ears to hear your Word.
                Be still and know that I am God.
I listen now for your still, small voice.
                Be still and know that I am God.
I quiet my soul and wait for you.
                Be still and know that I am God.
You are here, within and without.
                Be still and know that I am God.
There is none like you.
                Be still and know that I am God.
Lead me and I will follow you.
                Be still and know that I am God.
Guide me and I will trust you.
                Be still and know that I am God.
I believe.
                Be still and know that I am God.
Help me in my unbelief.
                Be still and know that I am God.
Forever, I will worship you, O Lord, my God.
                Be still and know that I am God.
Amen.

by Ryan Shane Lopez

1 comment: