We are brain storming putting on a concert together and I'm trying to convince them to do a house show. If you're unfamiliar with the term, it's just a concert in someone's home instead of a bar or other concert venue. I may end up just doing it at my own apartment. This will give those involved in the group a chance to showcase their music/art for a small audience composed of all our friends. And our friends get a nice evening of music for free. And afterward everyone gets to enjoy hanging out, discussing the art, and having snacks. Win, win...win.
I have begun studying jazz piano with a fantastic jazz pianist from here in Marseille in exchange for helping him with some English. I'm really enjoying learning from him. I just need to be better about making time to practice. He is known in the city among other jazz musicians and venues, so I think he will be a great way to meet and network with more musicians in Marseille.
I'll be playing a concert at the end of the month...with a band! We're playing my original music. My American friend and coworker Michael is playing drums, a close German friend here in Marseille is learning the bass parts and I'm hoping a French friend will sing with us eventually. Having a good band is fun and could open more doors to play in a variety of contexts, but it also gives me the chance to hang out a lot with the other musicians and share my music with them and more importantly, the reason behind it.
Please, pray for all of these opportunities. In my experience, this is where real relationships and therefore real ministry happens, when you are out doing what you're passionate about while brushing shoulders with a lost world!
PS. Here is a video from my most recent solo concert in Marseille:
No comments:
Post a Comment