Monday: Spent the morning in French class, then had lunch with a French friend and discussed a few chapters in Luke. That night I went to an Irish pub where there was live traditional Irish music.
Tuesday: I again spent the morning in French class, but in a new class because my teacher thought I was doing well so she moved me to the next highest level. It's defintely more challenging, but I think I'll learn more this way. An otherwise uneventful day.
Thursday: Had lunch with some American friends at a plaza close to my apt. which proved to be the best place to watch the demonstration for a huge strike taking place that day (below). In the afternoon, I led my first English club at a little cafe where you can rent tons of various board games by the hour. At night, my roommate and I returned to the same club with the jazz, but this time it was funk. Great stuff, but somehow we ended up in the middle of some old French guy's B-day party.
Friday: Had a team meeting in the AM and then met with a language partner in the afternoon to practice English and French (he's a French college student learning English). Spent the evening studying French.
Saturday: Our English club threw a Back-to-School party at the beach. We taught our French (and international) friends some classic American games like the "Egg Toss" and the 3-legged race.
| some of us had trouble keeping our legs tied. yes, that's a French guy wearing the "Don't Mess with Texas" shirt. |
| br. caught an egg in the crotch. |
Sunday (today): Went to a French church this morning--still don't know what they're preaching about. I'm spending the afternoon studying French. I have "un petit test" tomorrow morning. I'm going to see Resident Evil 3D (in French, of course) with some friends later this evening.
Tuesday sounds like a milestone day - advancing to a higher French class.
ReplyDeleteBTW - Let me know how Resident Evil makes any sense in French - especially in 3D. Resident Evil in English is more than I want to understand.
mm